Tuina for RMT's*
The theory, technique and exploration of specific conditions using this TCM form of massage (approved for 40 CEU's)
Tuina is a modality of traditional Chinese medicine that uses the arms, hands, fingers, knees and elbows for the treatment of illness and disease as well as to maintain and promote health. In a tuina treatment, the therapist manipulates the body stimulating acupuncture points to correct physiological imbalances and regulated the body’s energy or qi. Tuina is useful in treating soft tissue injuries, blood circulation issues, rheumatic pain, fatigue, and any symptoms caused by stress or emotional problems.
* Tuina will be learned and practiced, with a special emphasis on the practical aspect. Students will learn how to treat various pathologies focusing on musculoskeletal conditions by using individually formulated protocols containing a variety of techniques. TCM theory and the Chinese Medical Meridian system will be introduced to enhance the learning process.
Tuina is used to treat:
· acute lower back pain
· chronic lower back pain
· prolapsed disc in lower back
· frozen shoulder
· stiff neck
· tendonitis of supraspinatus muscle
· chronic neck pain (cervical spondylopathy)
· tennis elbow
· syndrome of perfomis muscle injury
· other conditions
* This is a course designed specifically for Registered Massage Therapists and is being offered exclusively to RMT's
*Prerequisite Fundamentals of TCM Course
Cost: $636.00 + hst
Ronny Breuer ( Toronto)
GESTALT PSYCHOTHERAPIST -
Ronny graduated from a 4-year comprehensive program of study in Traditional Chinese Medicine, and holds a diploma from the prestigious Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, California and now teaches in the Acupuncture Program at the Shiatsu School of Canada. He has a clinical track record of thousands of successful treatments for various medical conditions. His fields of expertise cover acupuncture, herbs, nutrition and tuina.
Ronny is now A SUPERVISED GESTALT PSYCHOTHERAPIST in the final year of a challenging 4-year psychotherapy training programme at the Gestalt Institute of Toronto.
Ronny is seeing clients for psychotherapy sessions, exploring together the client's neuroses and negative emotions by facilitating awareness and 'aha' moments to achieve a better and clearer understanding of the self and the possibilities ahead.
In embracing the idea of 'whole', Ronny brings to the clinical setting years of experience as a holistic therapist, specializing in treating body and mind through acupuncture, herbs, nutrition, shiatsu, tuina, hypnotherapy, amongst others.